What Is Oxcarbazepine 300Mg Tablets
- The main ingredient in Oxcarb 300mg Tablet is Oxcarbazepine, an Anti-epileptic. It’s used alone or with other drugs in children 6 years and up and adults.
- Seizures happen due to a brief disruption in brain activity. Partial seizures affect a small part of the brain but may spread.
- Before using the Oxcarb 300mg Tablet, your doctor may advise you to undergo several blood tests to assess your current health status and to safely administer the drug and determine the right dose of this medicine.
- Before starting treatment with Oxcarb 300mg Tablet, you should tell your doctor in case you have any liver, kidney (in connection with low sodium levels in the blood) or heart problems (such as heart failure or heart rhythm disorder) or intolerance to some sugars (such as lactose).
- Suicidal ideation reported in Oxcarb 300mg Tablet patients. Contact your doctor immediately if you have these thoughts. Use Oxcarb 300mg Tablet cautiously in pregnant women due to fetal risk.
- Take it only if recommended by the doctor. Use caution in breastfeeding women, prescribed by the physician. Consider the risk of side effects in breastfed infants.
- The most prevalent side effects associated with the use of Oxcarb 300mg Tablet include dizziness, nausea, vomiting, headaches, and also diarrhoea, constipation, stomach pain, and skin rash. Seek medical advice if any of the side effects become more worse.
Uses Of Oxcarb Tablet
How Oxcarb 300mg Tablet Works
- Oxcarb 300mg Tablet helps control abnormal brain activity in people with epilepsy. It does this by interacting with sodium channels in the brain.
- This reduces the likelihood of seizures occurring. Therefore, minimizing the likelihood of developing the seizures.
Directions For Use
- As prescribed by your doctor, administer the Oxcarb 300mg Tablet. Take the pill with water. You can crush or chew it.
- Your doctor will decide how much and for how long you should take it based on your age, weight, and illness. Stop taking the Oxcarb 300mg Tablet only if your doctor tells you to do so.
Benefits Of Oxcarb Tablet
- Oxcarb 300 Tablet is an anticonvulsant (or antiepileptic) drug that reduces the electrical impulses that trigger the seizures.
- By managing the frequency of the seizures, it will enable you to conduct your daily routines with much more confidence. It minimizes the symptoms including confusion, uncontrolled jerky movements, loss of consciousness, and fear or anxiety.
- This medicine is not addictive, neither physically nor psychologically. But you should not stop it suddenly. Always take it as directed to make sure it works. If you miss doses, you might have a seizure.
Side Effects Of Oxcarb Tablet
Many side effects are not very serious and go away as the body gets used to the medication.
If they persist or if you’re concerned, then consult your physician.