What Is Oxcarb 600mg Tablet
- Oxcarb 600mg Tablet includes Oxcarbazepine in the Anti-epileptics group of medicines. Administer as monotherapy or in combination with other anti-epileptic drugs. For children over 6 years and adults.
- Used for partial seizures with or without tonic-clonic seizures. Seizures stem from brain’s electrical fault. Partial seizures affect small brain area, may spread to entire brain. Resulting in a tonic-clonic seizure.
- Doctor may conduct blood tests before starting medication. First to understand condition and ensure safe use. To determine correct dosage. Prior to taking the medication, inform your doctor. If liver, kidney, or heart problems, or lactose intolerant.
- Suicidal thoughts may occur, contact physician if needed. Prescribe cautiously to pregnant women due to fetal risk. Rarely used during breastfeeding due to potential side effects.
Uses Of Oxcarb Tablet
Benefits Of Oxcarb Tablet
- It is a drug under the class of anticonvulsant or anti-epileptic medicine and works by inhibiting the nerve impulses which lead to the seizures. It will make you go about your daily routine with a lot of confidence if you control the rate of seizures.
- It alleviates symptoms like confusion, uncontrolled twitching, loss of consciousness, and fear or apprehension.
- This medicine does not cause physical or psychological dependence or addiction; however, it must be withdrawn gradually. It must be administered as directed to work. Missing the dosage can lead to seizure.
- Oxcarb 600mg tablet works by acting. Under the influence of epileptic disorders, the electrical activities in the brain are not controlled properly, Oxcarb 600mg Tablet controls electrical activities in the brain by binding to sodium channels. Therefore, minimizing the possibility of seizure.
Directions For Use
- Take the Oxcarb 600mg Tablet as directed by your doctor. Take the medicine with a glass of water. Do not break or mash the medicine.
- The dose and treatment duration will be determined by your doctor based on your age, body weight and the state of the disease. Do not discontinue Oxcarb 600mg Tablet unless your doctor tells you to do so.
Side effects of Oxcarb 600 MG Tablet
- Changes in vision
- Dizziness and Drowsiness
- Uncontrolled eye movements
- Fast heartbeat
- Notwithstanding, swelling of the ankles or feet.
- Abdominal pain
- Nausea or Vomiting
- Dry mouth
- Hair loss