What Is Zeptol CR 200mg Tablet
- Zeptol Cr 200mg Tablet containing Carbamazepine which is a component of the Anticonvulsants group of medicines. It is employed for certain forms of epilepsy (fits or seizures) and trigeminal neuralgia (painful condition of the face).
- Besides that, it can also be used to suppress the symptoms of bipolar disorder if the others do not work. A mental illness called bipolar disorder (or manic depression) is characterized by alternating episodes of mania (unusual sudden extreme sense of happiness) and depression.
- Carbamazepine treats epilepsy by lowering the excessive brain nerve cells activity. It also reduces pain by inhibiting the transmission of pain impulses through the nervous system.
- It can stabilize your mood as it reduces the activity of the nerve cells in some regions of the brain thereby causing abnormal mood changes. Through and before therapy your physician would suggest you do some blood tests to determine your status.
- With the prior Zeptol Cr 200mg Tablet consumption, you should inform the doctor about your liver or kidney disease. It is contraindicated in patients who have porphyria (a blood disorder), and heart or bone marrow problems. Abstain from alcohol or grapefruit juice consumption while taking as there might be adverse effects.
Uses Of Zeptol Tablet Pr
- Trigeminal neuralgia
- Diabetic nerve pain
Benefits Of Zeptol Tablet Pr
- Zeptol CR 200 Tablet acts by reducing the nerve impulses which cause the seizures. Through the frequency of seizures control, you can go about your day to day activities with more confidence. It alleviates such symptoms as confusion, uncontrollable jerks, loss of awareness and fear and anxiety.
- There is no physical or psychological dependency (addiction) associated with this drug but it should not be stopped abruptly. It should be taken routinely as directed to work. The omission of doses may start a seizure.
In Trigeminal neuralgia
- A neurotic pain such as trigeminal neuralgia is a condition where the nerve impulses are prevented from letting flow of unbearable pain. Zeptol CR 200 Tablet with its active ingredient, carbamazepine, can help in this process. It works for this condition but other medicines can also be used.
- You will do some of your daily chores such as shaving, applying make-up, eating, drinking, and brushing your teeth with that terrible agony resulting from trigeminal neuralgia gone. It has no physical or psychological dependence but it should not be stopped suddenly.
In Diabetic nerve pain
- Pain due to the nerves is reduced by the Zeptol CR 200 Tablet as it reduces the nerve impulses which cause the pain. If discomfort is decreased you will find it easier to follow your everyday life, but take all other diabetes drugs as prescribed.
- This medicine has no physical or psychological dependence (addiction) but abrupt stopping is contraindicated. It has to be taken as prescribed to be effective.
Which Are The Side Effects Of The Zeptol
- Blurred Vision
- Stiffness of Limbs
- Frequent Urination
- Weight Gain
- Yellow Skin and/or Eyes
- Dry Mouth
- Increased Sweating
- Skin Rash
What Are The Usual Drug Interactions?
Only a few drugs have been reported to interact with Zeptol CR 200mg causing some of the bad effects or make your medicine ineffective. You must always inform your physician you are using Vitamins, Drugs or Herbal Supplements . It interacts with the following medicines
- Azole Antifungal Agents
- Ethinyl Estradiol
It interacts with few diseased conditions like
- Liver Disease