What Is Topamac 100mg Tablet 10’s
- Topamac 100mg prevents seizures and migraines, and treats Lennox-Gastaut syndrome. It can be taken with or without food, preferably at the same time daily.
- If you miss a dose, take it as soon as possible. Complete the course even if you feel better. Do not withdraw the medication quickly without consulting your doctor.
- Monitor bicarbonate levels periodically as per your doctor’s instructions. Common side effects include nausea, abnormal taste, fatigue, and diarrhea.
- It can also cause eye defects such as myopia or glaucoma. It may cause dizziness and drowsiness, so be cautious while driving. If side effects persist, consult your physician.
Uses Of Topamac Tablet
- Prevention of Migraine
- Lennox–Gastaut syndrome
How Topamac 100mg Tablet Works
- Topamac 100mg Tablet obstructs sodium channels in the body, which transmit electrical signals to excitable cells, e.g., nerve muscle, and brain cells. This, in turn, increases the activity of a neurotransmitter as the chemical messenger that controls the seizures frequency.
- Topamac 100mg Tablet also is capable of preventing your nerve cells from sending wrong signal in the brain and this may be responsible to cause migraine headache.
Benefits Of Topamac Tablet
- Topamac contains Topamax 100mg Tablet which is a medicine belonging to the group of anticonvulsants (or antiepileptic) which acts by reducing the nerve impulses that cause the seizure.
- As this will enable you to minimize the number of seizures, you will be able to perform your daily duties with a lot of confidence. It lowers symptoms such as confusion, random and uncontrolled muscle contractions, loss of consciousness, and fear or anxiety.
- This medicine is not addictive, but you should not stop taking it suddenly. To make it effective, you need to take it regularly as prescribed. Missing a dose can cause a seizure.
In Prevention of Migraine
- However, the exact mechanism of how Topamac 100mg Tablet works in preventing migraine still remains not clearly established.
- It can alter the anomalous and overactive state of the neurons in the brain or enhance the activity in the area of the brain responsible for migraine headaches.
- Through its ability to prevent headaches and reduce their frequency, it can allow you to conduct your daily business and have a proper life.
In Lennox–Gastaut syndrome
- Epilepsy is Lennox-Gastaut syndrome (LGS), which is a severe type of epilepsy that is rare and usually starts in the early childhood.
- The children who get affected by the disorder can have various forms of seizures. The effects of this tablet are to prevent and control seizures by reducing the nerve impulses that cause the seizure.
The Side Effects Of The Topamac 100 Mg (Topiramate)?
- Blurred vision
- Unusual Tiredness and Weakness
- Abdominal Pain
- Loss of Appetite
- Hair loss
- Pale skin
- Back pain
- Skin rash
- Depressed mood
- Flu-like symptoms
- Muscle Cramps
- Weight loss