Bigomet 500mg Tablet 10’s
- Bigomet 500 Tablet treats type 2 diabetes, regulates blood sugar, and prevents complications. Take with food, at the same time daily. Do not discontinue without doctor’s prescription.
- Lifestyle, diet, and exercise control diabetes. Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal pain, loss of appetite are common side effects.
- Monitor blood sugar levels regularly while taking it. Inform your doctor about kidney, liver, or heart problems. Pregnant and nursing women should seek medical advice. Avoid excessive alcohol consumption.
Uses Of Bigomet 500mg Tablet
It is used in adults and in children (aged 10 years or older) to manage:
- Type II diabetes mellitus
How Bigomet 500mg Tablet Works
- Bigomet 500mg Tablet is an antidiabetic drug. It increases the sensitivity of the body to insulin, a hormone that is involved in glucose metabolism.
- This facilitates our body cells to use high quantity of the circulating blood glucose, thereby reducing the blood sugar levels. Moreover, it also inhibits gluconeogenesis in the liver and decreases its absorption in the body.
Directions For Use
- Bigomet 500mg Tablet should preferably be taken after meals or as directed by your doctor. Take the medicine with a glass of water. Do not crush or chew the medicine.
- The dose and duration of therapy will be decided by the doctor based on your age, body weight and disease condition. Do not discontinue Bigomet 500mg Tablet without consulting your doctor.
Benefits Of Bigomet Tablet
In the Treatment of Type 2 diabetes mellitus.
- Bigomet 500 Tablet is a biguanide. It functions by reducing glucose production in the liver, slowing down the absorption of sugar (glucose) from the intestines, and increasing the body’s insulin sensitivity.
- One of the most important aspects of diabetes management is lowering the blood glucose levels.
- If you are able to manage your level then you will minimize the chances of developing any of the severe complications of diabetes like kidney failure, eye problems, nerve problems, and loss of limbs.
- Using this medication regularly with proper diet and exercising will enable you to lead a normal, healthy life.
Bigomet 500 MG Tablet side effects major & minor.
- Nausea and vomiting
- Abdominal pain
- Loss of appetite
- Chest discomfort
- Runny Nose
- Swollen joints
Bigomet 500 mg may interact with other drugs and cause adverse effects. Before taking 500 mg Bigomet consult your physician.
It is advisable to seek your doctor’s suggestions before consuming Bigomet 500 mg if you are suffering from any of the following diseases:
- Heart disease
- Vitamin B12 deficiency
- Kidney disease
- In case you are consuming the Bigomet 500 mg tablets, it is advisable to avoid alcohol.