What is Trajenta 5mg ( Linagliptin) Tablet
- Trajenta is a drug which is used in treating the type 2 Diabetes Mellitus.
- It ensures that you have a healthy and balanced diet as well as exercise regularly to control blood sugar.
- This medication includes Linagliptin – an active substance from the Dipeptidyl Peptidase-4 (DPP-4) class inhibitors.
- It enhances functions of hormone (a chemical messenger) to reduce blood sugar level.
- Trajenta is manufactured by the renowned pharmaceutical company Boehringer Ingelheim.
Uses Of Trajenta 5mg Tablet
- Manage type 2 diabetes in adults
Benefits Of Trajenta Tablet
In Treatment of Type 2 diabetes mellitus
- Trjenta 5mg Tablet is a type of DPP-4 inhibitor (or gliptin) medicine from the group. It assists in the secretion of more insulin by your body after food and this also helps to prevent too much sugar from going into your blood.
- This diets therefore reduces the levels of blood glucose in your body. It is generally administered once daily and has non-standard side effects.
- one of the key things in the treatment of diabetes is lowering blood glucose levels. If you can manage the type of your diabetes, it means that you will be at the lower risk of developing any of the rather severe diabetes complications such as kidney damage, blindness or even total loss of some limbs.
- You can prevent diabetes by living a healthy lifestyle. To do this, follow your medication, maintain a good diet, and exercise regularly. By doing these things, you can live a normal and healthy life. Remember to continue taking the prescribed dose as instructed.
How To Use Trajenta Tablet
- Take this medicine in the volume and duration as prescribed by your physician. Down it all at one time. Do not chews, crushes or breaks it. Trajenta 5mg Tablet taken either with food or without has to be taken at a fixed time.
How Trajenta Tablet Works
- The Trjenta 5mg Tablet is a drug that is used to control diabetes. It functions with the mechanism of escalating the insulin release from the pancreas and lowers the hormones which elevate the blood sugar level. It decreases the fasting and the postprandial sugar blood levels.
There can be harmful side effects of Trajenta. Your doctor will give you the advice you need to not have the side effects.
Common side effects
- Unusual tiredness or weakness
- Low blood sugar levels
Rare side effects
- Joint pain
- Unusual skin blisters
- Symptoms of heart failure
- Swelling ankles
- Sudden weight gain
- Fast heartbeat
- Blurred vision
However, if these side effects cause you to develop any serious problems you should consult your doctor.