What Is Ipravent 40 Mcg Rotacap
- Ipravent Rotacap comprises Ipratropium, a bronchodilator medication. Used in treating breathing disorders such as chronic asthma (airflow obstruction and recurrent episodes of wheezing, dyspnea, chest tightness and cough) and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) and making the breathing of patients easier.
- COPD causes irreversible airflow obstruction due to chronic coughing and sputum production.
- Your doctor may request tests before treatment to understand your condition. Before using Ipravent Rotacap, tell your doctor about specific medical conditions you have.
- The use of Ipravent Rotacap by pregnant and breastfeeding women requires caution. Depending on the age, body weight and health condition, your doctor will prescribe the right dose of Ipravent Rotacap for your child.
- Common side-effects of using Ipravent Rotacap include headache, dizziness, dry mouth, nausea, constipation, and diarrhea. Call your doctor if any of these side effects persist.
The Uses Of Ipravent 40 Mcg Rotacap
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
What Is Ipravent 40 Mcg Rotacap?
- Based on the age and health status of the patient, the recommended dose for the:
- Adults and children over 12 years of age:
- One to two Rotacaps; no more than four times daily.
- Ipravent Rotacap are not recommended for the paediatric population below 12 years.
The Way How Ipravent 40 Mcg Rotacap Works
- Ipratropium bromide has its mechanism of action by relaxing muscles of the air passages to allow for free flow of air to the lungs among asthma patients and other respiratory disorders. It can also be used for the treatment of other ailments that are not listed above.
Adverse effects Of Ipravent 40 Mcg Rotacap
- anaphylactic reactions
- heart rhythm disorders
- Blurred vision
- enlarged pupils (mydriasis)
- increased intraocular pressure, glaucoma
- eye pain
- swelling of the cornea
- dry mouth
What Are The Common Drug Interactions?
The Ipravent Rotacaps does not interact with a few medicines that may result in some side effects or change the way the drug works. It is necessary to inform a doctor that you are taking Vitamins, other Drugs or Herbal Supplements at any point. It may react with few drugs below:
- Adrenergic Agents
- Anticholinergic Agents
- Monoamine Oxidase Inhibitors
- Receptor Blocking Agents
- Tricyclic Antidepressants
Warning And Precaution:
Ipravent Rotacaps should be used cautiously in:
- Prostatic Hyperplasia
- Heart Disease or Disorders
- Eye Problems (Glaucoma, Blurry Vision, etc)
- Low Potassium Levels
- Pregnant/Breastfeeding women should not use this medicine without doctor consultation.
- In the case of such medical conditions, always consult your doctor in order to receive the best treatment options and dosage adjustments. Do not discontinue your medication just because you feel well; that is for your doctor to decide.
- If I accidentally put Ipravent Rotacap into my eye, what should I do?
However, if Ipravent Rotacap gets into your eyes accidentally, your vision may become painful, stinging, or red with dilated pupils, blurred vision, or the see coloursor lights. If such a scenario occurs, or if you develop eye problems at any other time, see a doctor for guidance.
- Can Ipravent Rotacap cause wheezing?
There is a possibility that Ipravent Rotacap induces wheezing in some patients after use. If you wheeze after Ipravent Rotacap use, do not use anymore unless directed otherwise by your provider.
- Can Ipravent Rotacap cause diarrhoea?
Yes. One of the common side effects of Ipravent Rotacap is diarrhoea. In this situation, drink plenty of fluids including water or fruit juice to keep yourself hydrated. You should never take any medicine without prior consultation with your doctor. If diarrhoea does not get better, call the doctor.
|Chronic obstructive pulmonary disorder (COPD), Asthma
|30 Rotacap/s, 60 Rotacap/s, 90 Rotacap/s