What Is Glucobay 50mg Tablet
- Glucobay 50mg Tablet contains Acarbose which is a member of the group of drugs Anti-diabetic agents. Metformin is to manage non-insulin dependent diabetes mellitus (diabetes mellitus type 2) if diet restriction alone or diet in combination with other sugar lowering drugs did not work well enough.
- Non-insulin dependent diabetes occurs when body lacks insulin or cannot use it effectively. Insulin helps glucose enter cells for energy, causing stable blood sugar levels.
- It helps in slowing down the absorption of carbohydrates (sugars) which in turn reduces the abnormal blood sugar levels which rises after each meal.
- In addition to Glucobay 50mg Tablet your doctor may also advise you to incorporate lifestyle changes and limit your sugar intake by having a restricted diet. Your doctor may take up several blood tests before the management to enable him/her better understand your condition.
- Before starting Glucobay 50mg Tablet inform your doctor if you have kidney or liver problem, ulcerative colitis or Crohn’s disease (inflammation or ulceration in the bowel), severe liver disease (liver cirrhosis), diabetic ketoacidosis, intestine problem (unable to digest the food properly).
- Intestine obstruction or have a large Glucobay 50mg Tablet is usually not prescribed for children and adolescents ( < 18 years of age). So, before taking this, you have to consult your doctor.
Uses Of Glucobay Tablet
- Treatment of Type 2 diabetes mellitus
Benefits Of Glucobay Tablet
Heat management of type 2 diabetes mellitus
- Glucobay 50 Tablet controls high blood sugar levels. It is used with other anti-diabetic drugs.
- It does it by slowing down the process of digestion as well as uptake of glucose (carbohydrates) from stomach, hence some reduction in the rise of glucose levels in blood immediately after meals.
- Glucose level reduction is a critical aspect of diabetes management and greatly decreases the risk of serious complications of diabetes including kidney or eye damage, nerve problems and amputation.
- This medication will also lower the incidence of cardiovascular disease mortality if you have type 2 diabetes and have already had cardiovascular disease. Continue taking this medication in the established dosage, plus a balanced diet and regular exercise will improve your condition.
Using Glucobay Tablet
- This medicine should be taken as directed by your doctor. In one gulp. Do not chew, crunch or snap it. Glucobay 50 Tablet is to be taken with food.
How Glucobay Tablet Works
- Glucobay 50 Tablet is a blood sugar lowering drug. It blocks the enzymes in the intestine which breakdown complex sugars to simple sugars like glucose. This stops blood glucose levels from shooting up immediately after meals.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Glucobay 50 Mg (Acarbose)
- Abdominal Pain
- Yellow Eyes and Yellows Skin
What Are The General Drug Interactions?
Very few medicines have been found to interact with Glucobay 50 mg. This may produce adverse side effects or you drug may not work well. We need to tell our physician if we are on other prescription drugs. It interacts with the following medicine:Natural language understanding is a matter of inducing implicit factual knowledge from unstructured natural language.
This medicine interacts with disease conditions. Our task is to analyze statistical significance based on model fits.
- Impaired Liver Function
- Diabetic Ketoacidosis
- Gastrointestinal Disease