What Is Foracort-400 Rotacaps
- Foracort-400 Rotacaps has Budesonide and Formoterol. They treat COPD and asthma by improving breathing and air passage.
- It reduces chemicals causing airway swelling and constriction, easing breathing. For maintenance of asthma and COPD, not for acute attacks.
- Side effects may include nausea, vomiting, hoarseness, and fungal infections of the mouth. If symptoms persist, contact your doctor. Follow Foracort-400 Rotacaps directions.
- Doctor will determine dosage based on your condition. Don’t stop using without consulting your doctor. Foracort-400 Rotacaps may not be suitable for children under 12.
- Inform your doctor about seizures, liver or heart disease. If pregnant or lactating, consult your physician.
How Does Foracort Rotacaps 400 Mcg + 6 Mcg Work?
- Foracort Rotacaps 400 Mcg + 6 Mcg utilizes the synergetic action of both its active ingredients, Budesonide, and Formoterol.
- Budesonide is a local airway corticosteroid. It functions by inhibition of inflammation, a characteristic typical of asthma and COPD.
- Budesonide limits the synthesis of inflammatory mediators, such as cytokines, leukotrienes, and prostaglandins, that contribute to thickening and constriction of the airways.
- The budesonide reduces inflammation and thus controls such symptoms as wheezing, coughing, and difficulty in breathing.
- The bronchodilator formoterol is a long-acting beta-agonist. It acts through the binding to certain receptors called beta-2 adrenergic receptors on the smooth muscles of the airways.
- This relaxation of the airway muscles, in turn, causes widening of the air passages. To increase the size of the airways, formoterol is used to improve the flow of air and make breathing easier.
- Foracort Rotacaps 400 Mcg + 6 Mcg combines budesonide and formoterol to deliver both anti-inflammatory and bronchodilator effects.
- This dual action contributes to reduction of airway inflammation and consequently, airway opening improving the lung function and eliminating asthmatic or COPD symptoms.
- As it should be mentioned, Foracort Rotacaps 400 Mcg + 6 Mcg is a long-term treatment medication used to treat asthma or COPD.
- It is not meant to provide instant relief of acute symptoms or for use as a rescue inhaler. Whenever you take this medication, always adhere strictly to the given dosage and any directions you get from your healthcare provider.
What Are The Side Effects Of Foracort Rotacaps (400+6) Mcg?
- Chest Pain (Angina)
- Uneven Heart Beats
- Pain or Burning With Urination
- Increased Blood Pressure
- Sleeping Problems (Insomnia)
- Hoarseness/Sore Throat
- Runny or Stuffy Nose
- A dry mouth is an unusual taste in your mouth:
Common Drug Interactions.
Very few medicines might interact with Foracort Rotacaps which could result in some negative effects or result in the non-proper functioning of your drug. It is always important for you to mention to your physician if you are using Vitamins, Drugs or Herbal Supplements. It may react with few drugs below:
- Anticholinergic Agents
- Monoamine Oxidase Inhibitors
- Receptor Blocking Agents
- Tricyclic Antidepressants
Warning And Precaution:
Foracort Rotacaps should be used cautiously in:
- Heart Disease or Disorders
- Those women who are pregnant or breastfeeding are not encouraged.
- Consult a doctor to get the most effective treatment and to have dose adjustment in your diseased states.
- What time does it take for this medicine to work?
The effects of Foracort-400 Rotacaps can be observed in 15 minutes.
- How long does this medicine take to work?
12 hours is the expected duration of action of Foracort-400 Rotacaps.
- Is it safe to drink alcohol while using this medication?
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Consult your doctor before use.
- Is this a habitual medicine?
Foracort-400 Rotacaps were found to have no addictive potential.
- Is this medicine safe to take while pregnant?
Pregnant women are contraindicated to use Foracort-400 Rotacaps, except when necessary. It would be advisable to discuss all the advantages and disadvantages with your physician before using this medicine.
|Budesonide + Formoterol
|Asthma, Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
|30 Rotacap/s, 60 Rotacap/s, 90 Rotacap/s