Foracort Forte Rotacaps
- Foracort Forte Rotacaps is a combination of two medicines in one inhaler. It eases long-term asthma and COPD symptoms, making breathing easier.
- It stops certain chemicals that cause swelling and relaxes the airway muscles. Your doctor will advise on how often to use the inhaler.
- You might start to feel the medicine working after a few days, but it works best after a few weeks. For it to work well, you need to take it regularly, even if you feel okay.
- That means it’s doing its job. Stopping this medication can make your symptoms worse. Do not use this medicine for sudden shortness of breath.
- If you experience sudden shortness of breath, use your rescue inhaler. It’s important to use your inhaler correctly to get the full benefit from this medicine. If you don’t, it may not work as well.
Side Effects Of Foracort Rotacap
- The most common side effects are nausea, vomiting, respiratory tract infection, hoarseness of voice, fungal infections in the mouth, cough, headache, sore throat, musculoskeletal (bone, muscle or joint) pain, and increased heart rate.
- If you get there, don’t stop taking it but do talk to your doctor. You can prevent some of these symptoms by rinsing your mouth and throat with water or brushing your teeth after using your inhaler.
- There are other, rarer side effects which can be serious. Talk to your doctor if you’re worried about them.
- Before taking it, you should tell your doctor if you have any kidney or liver diseases so that your doctor can prescribe a suitable dose for you.
- You should also tell your doctor if you are pregnant, planning pregnancy or breastfeeding.
Most side effects do not require any medical attention and disappear as your body adjusts to the medicine. Consult your doctor if they persist or if you’re worried about them
Common side effects of Foracort
- Fungal infection of mouth
- Hoarseness of voice
- Increased heart rate
- Musculoskeletal (bone, muscle or joint) pain
- Respiratory tract infection
- Sore throat
Uses Of Foracort Rotacap
- Treatment of Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
Benefits Of Foracort Rotacap
- In Treatment of Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Foracort Forte Rotacap helps the airways in your lungs stay open. It relaxes the muscles of these airways.
- This makes it easier for air to get in and out. It will relieve symptoms such as tightness in your chest, shortness of breath, wheezing and coughing and help you carry out your daily activities more easily.
- This medicine is safe and effective. It usually starts to work within a few minutes and the effects can last up to several hours. Do not stop using it unless you are advised to by your doctor.
Side Effects Of Foracort Rotacap
Rotacaps must not be swallowed. Check the label for directions before use. Place the capsule at the base of rotahaler, not in the mouthpiece.
Twist the mouthpiece completely until your hear a click and breathe in deeply through the mouthpiece.
Hold your breath for up to 10 seconds. If some powder remains in the rotahaler repeat the process.
How Foracort Rotacap Works
- Foracort Forte Rotacap is a combination of two medicines: Formoterol and Budesonide.
- Formoterol is a long-acting bronchodilator which works by relaxing the muscles in the airways and widens the airways.
- Budesonide is a steroid. It works by stopping the release of certain chemical messengers that cause inflammation (swelling) of the airways. Together, they make breathing easier.
|Budesonide + Formoterol
|12 Mcg and 400 Mcg
|Asthma, Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
|30 Rotacap/s, 60 Rotacap/s, 90 Rotacap/s