What Is Acivir Cream 5gm
- The antiviral uses of Acivir Cream include treatment of skin infections caused by herpes simplex virus; herpes labialis. It acts by inhibiting viral replication in the skin cells and thereby aids in the clearance of skin infection.
- The use of Acivir Cream should be limited to external use. You should take it in the prescribed dose for the prescribed duration. The application of these ointments should be done on the clean and dry affected area.
- Before and after applying this medicine, it is necessary to wash hands in detail. Do not touch the sores with your hands or using your towel, as this can lead to the spread of the infection.
- Some of the common side effects are burning, itching, and irritation, and a red rash at the application site. However, people should consult their doctor should these side effects persist for a more extended period.
- Do not place it in the eyes, mouth, nose or vagina because it may cause irritation. In the event of accidental exposure, rinse with water to remove the substance.
Uses Of Acivir Cream
- Treats cold sores associated with herpes simplex virus infections
- Speeds up the healing process and shortens the duration of pain
- Treats recurrent herpes labialis (cold sores) in immunodeficiency adults and adolescents 12 years of age and above
How Acivir Cream Works
- The active substance of Acivir Cream namely acyclovir works by killing or inhibiting the growth of viruses (herpes virus).
- It has a greater binding affinity to viral DNA cells when compared to human DNA cells and it inserts into the viral DNA and causes DNA chain termination and inactivation thus leading to the death of cells.
Directions For Use
- As recommended by your physician, apply the Acivir Cream. Used externally. You need to wash your hands prior to using the medication with soap and water.
- Spread a thin film of medicine on the area and rub it in. Do not scratch your cold sore too because this may extend your cold sore to other parts or make your cold sore worse.
Benefits Of Acivir Cream
In Herpes labialis
- Cold sores, or herpes labialis, is a viral infection that mainly affects the lips. It often starts with a burning feeling and then leads to small blisters or sores.
- If applied to the herpes labialis, Acivir Cream can hasten the healing process and even prevent the recurrence of the sores. Continue using this medicine as per the doctor’s ask for the best results.
Side Effects Of Acivir Cream 5 Gm (Acyclovir)
- Allergic Reactions
- Itchy Skin Rashes
- Stinging in the Eyes
Drugs Interact With Acivir Cream 5 gm (Acyclovir)
Using other drugs, herbal supplements, over the counter drugs, or any substances may alter the medicinal effects of Acivir Cream 5 gm.
It may cause either an allergic reaction or a serious adverse effect and may nullify the effect of your cream. Drugs that are known to interact with Acivir Cream 5 gm are mentioned below:
You must inform the doctor about all the medicines you are already taking and always follow the instructions.