Seretide 50Mcg/250Mcg Accuhaler
- Seretide 50 mcg/250 mcg Accuhaler treats chronic respiratory disease. Airway constriction, mucus production, and breathlessness form the disease’s symptoms.
- Obstructed airflow from the lungs results from a group of diseases known as COPD. Seretide 50 mcg/250 mcg Accuhaler combines two drugs: Salmeterol and Fluticasone propionate.
- Salmeterol widens the airways, making breathing easier. Fluticasone propionate reduces inflammatory responses in the nasal lining. For inhaling only, use Seretide 50 mcg/250 mcg Accuhaler as directed by your doctor.
- Side effects like headaches and stomach discomfort are usually mild and temporary. If side effects persist or worsen, contact your doctor promptly.
Uses Of Seretide Accuhaler 50/250mcg Blister
It is used to treat, prevent and manage the symptoms of:
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
How Seretide Accuhaler 50/250mcg Blister Works
- Seretide Accuhaler 50/250mcg Blister involves a mixture of two medicinal products namely fluticasone and salbutamol. Fluticasone is an inhalation corticosteroid. It prevents the release of certain chemical mediators for inflammation and swelling within the airways namely prostaglandins, leukotrienes.
- Salmeterol is a bronchodilator. It causes the airway smooth muscles to relax and thus enlarges them. Taken together, they decrease airway inflammation and facilitate the passage of breath so that breathing is less difficult.
Directions For Use
Use Seretide Accuhaler 50/250mcg Blister as directed by your doctor. Be careful to follow the directions of your doctor when you should take inhalations and how often.
- Open the device and hold it so that you are facing the mouthpiece.
- Slide the lever provided next to the mouth piece forward or backward towards you as far is possible.
- Set the gadget aside from your mouth and exhale to a comfortable distance. Do not inhale the device; put your lips on it and ensure completely close mouthpiece. Breathe slowly and deeply through your
- mouth with the use of a maunt piece without breathing through your nose.
- Take the device out of your mouth and hold your breath for about 10 seconds or as long you feel comfortable.
- Gently breath out
- If another dose is needed, repeat steps after 30 seconds.
- After use, wipe device with tissue, then close it.
- After inhaling, rinse mouth or brush teeth.
After each inhalation, dose counter decreases automatically. Doctor will determine suitable dose based on age, weight, and disease severity. Do not stop or reduce dose without consulting a specialist.
Adverse effects of Seretide 50 mcg/250 mcg Accuhaler.
- Low fever
- Chest tightness
- Fungal infection in the mouth
- Sinus pain
- Stomach upset
- Muscle and bone pain
- Sleep problems
- Vomiting or irregular heartbeat
What Are The Most Prevalent Drug Interactions?
Only a few medicines may interfere with Seretide Diskus they can cause some side effects or make your drug ineffective. Always inform your doctor if you are using Vitamines, other Drugs or Herbal Supplements. It may react with few drugs below:
- Anticholinergic Agents
Warning And Precaution:
Seretide 50 Mcg/250 Mcg Accuhaler should not be used in:
- Eclampsia and Severe Pre-Eclampsia IUT Infection
- Intrauterine Foetal Death
- Prostatic Hyperplasia
- And should be used very cautiously in:
- Heart Disease or Disorders
- Eye problems such as glaucoma, blurred vision among others
- Low Potassium Levels
- Pregnant/Breastfeeding women should not take it without consulting a doctor.
- In case of disease, however best treatment and adjustment in dosage will be prescribed by your doctor. Therefore, do not discontinue the medication if you feel relieved; your doctor will make that decision.
|Salmeterol + Fluticasone propionate
|50 Mcg and 250 Mcg
|Asthma, Chronic obstructive pulmonary disorder (COPD)
|1 Accuhaler/s, 2 Accuhaler/s, 3 Accuhaler/s