karvol plus used as a decongestant suitable for adults as well as children aged 3 months and above. It is used to relieve the blockage in the nasal passage in case of cold and infections in the respiratory tract. It contains chlorothymol, menthol, terpin, camphor, and eucalyptus. These compounds are known to be powerful anti-inflammatory agents that aid in the treatment of various infections such as sinusitis.
It is also used in the treatment of cold sores, common cold, asthma, and cough. This medicine is known to improve your ability to breathe while sleeping and help you get sound sleep by clearing the blocked nasal passages and sinuses.
It’s works by lowering the levels of the inflammatory compound, histamine H1 which leads to bronchoconstriction. It also temporarily relieves minor pain and symptoms caused due to nasal congestion. It’s also helps in the treatment of infections by killing sensitive bacteria and improving your overall health and well being. It is usually safe and doesn’t cause any side effects when taken as per the doctor’s recommendation.
- Chlorothymol: 5.0 mg
- Menthol: 55 mg
- Terpin: 120 mg
- Camphor: 25 mg
- Eucalyptus Globulus:125 mg
Key benefits/uses of Karvol Plus Capsule:
- Known for its decongestant and anti-inflammatory properties. It provides instant relief from blocked sinuses
- Eases irritation and swelling in the nasal passages
- Helps in improving respiratory functions by working on the inflamed tissues in the respiratory tract
- Has anti-infective and antiseptic properties due to the presence of active ingredients like eucalyptol, terpineol and chlorothymol
- Helps in killing bacteria and eases breathing difficulties
- Shows beneficial effects in fighting allergies due to the presence of rosmarinic acid (antioxidant)
- Acts as anti-inflammatory medicine, thereby lowering the risk of seasonal infections and inflammatory conditions
- Contains menthol that expels the mucus from the lungs and relieves congestion by opening up the nasal passage and eases breathing
- Has a cooling effect on the sore throat as mint acts as the base element of most balms and inhalers
- Used as aromatherapy to de-stress people and relax the mind and body It can also reduce fatigue and help you relax
Directions for use:
To use, simply snip off one end of the capsule and pour the contents of the Karvol Plus capsule onto a piece of fabric, such as a handkerchief, tissue, or hand towel. Inhale a few times to get rid of nasal congestion. When used for children or infants, ensure the fabric used is completely out of reach of kids to prevent any unwanted consequences.
Alternatively, you can even empty the contents of the Karvol capsule in water and use it for steam inhalation for adults as well as kids. Let steam come out of the inhaler machine and you can also inhale the vapor. If you do not have an inhaler machine, empty the contents of the Karvol Plus capsule into a large pot of boiling water. Use a towel or a bedsheet to cover your head and slowly inhale the steam through your nose for no more than 2 minutes at a time. Keep your eyes closed. Do it 2 times a day.
Side-effects of Karvol Plus Capsule:
Karvol Plus Capsule is usually safe and doesn’t cause any side effects when taken as per the doctor’s recommendation. However, if you experience any side effects or if your symptoms still persist or worsen, consult your doctor immediately.
Storage and safety information:
- Read the label carefully before use.
- Keep out of reach of the children.
- Store in a cool dry place.
- Do not ingest Karvol Plus or apply it to your body or skin in any way.
- Use under medical supervision.
Read More: karvol plus
|Generic Brand||Menthol + Terpinol + Eucalyptol|
|Treatment||Improves the patient’s ability to breathe|
|Pack Size||30 Capsule/s, 60 Capsule/s, 90 Capsule/s|