What Is Donep 5mg Tablet
- Donep 5 Tablet is prescribed for the treatment of mild to moderate dementia in Alzheimer’s disease, a progressive disorder that gets worse over time and affects memory as well as thinking. It does not treat this disease but it may assist in improving memory, consciousness and other symptoms.
- Your doctor will demonstrate administration of Donep 5 Tablet. You can take it with food but preferably before going to bed at night. Do so strictly to get the most out of it. The dose may vary from time to time depending on your unique needs.
- It may take a couple of weeks for the symptoms to get better so continue taking your medicine regularly. Do not stop taking this medication without the doctor’s guidance.
- The most frequent adverse effects associated with this medication are nausea, diarrhea, insomnia, vomiting muscle cramps fatigue weight loss headache lack of appetite common cold urinary incontinence and rash. Make sure you drink enough fluids to prevent dehydration.
- You may have side effects more frequently when you begin your treatment or if the dose is increased. Normally, the side effects will gradually subside as your body adjusts to Donep 5 Tablet. You should call your doctor if they are bad and do not disappear.
- Before taking Donep 5 Tablet, you should inform your doctor if you have had heart complication, stomach ulcer or epilepsy and asthma. It may also interact or be affected by some other medicines you are using hence, inform your doctor about these drugs to avoid unwanted reactions. This medicine should only be taken during pregnancy if recommended.
Uses Of Donep Tablet
- Alzheimer’s disease
How Donep 5mg Tablet Works
- The drug Donep 5mg Tablet is classified under cholinesterase inhibitor and it works by increasing the amount of a chemical messenger that plays an important role in nerve impulse transmission.
- This enhances memory and thinking. The memory loss in Alzheimer’s disease is caused by the disruption of signaling transmission within brain.
Benefits Of Donep Tablet
In Alzheimer’s disease
- In patients with Alzheimer’s disease, specific neurones die in the brain. This leads to reduced concentrations of a chemical known as acetylcholine that helps nerve cells communicate with each other.
- This results to symptoms of dementia including memory loss, confusion and disorientation, problems with speech and language as well as personality changes.
- Donep 5 Tablet increases the level of acetylcholine and assists brain cells in communication. It, thus can alleviate some of the symptoms like memory awareness and ability to carry out daily activities for sometime. But it is not a remedy.
- You should take the medicine as directed. In fact, it may take several weeks before your symptoms get better; therefore keep taking the medicine despite feeling that you are not improving.
What Are The Adverse Effects Of Donep 5 Mg (Donepezil)?
- Muscle Cramps
- Weight loss
- Unusual Bleeding
- Frequent Urination
- Loss of Appetite
What Are The Most Common Drug Interactions?
Only a few drugs have been listed to interact with Donep 5 mg. It may lead to some side effects or make your medicine ineffective. You should always inform your doctor if you are taking other medication. It interacts with the following medicine:However, the use of such an approach would require a lot more time as well.
- This medicine also interacts with disease conditions like:In addition, the following statement is also true.
- Lung Disease
Warning And Precaution:
Donep 5 mg is contraindicated in conditions like:The biggest challenge facing the business is that it does not have a strategy for managing its resources and thus, there are no policies governing how these assets should be used.
- Bleeding Disorders and Respiratory Diseases
- Pregnant and Breastfeeding women
- Kidney and Heart Diseases
- Consult a doctor always to get the best treatment available